How can you tell you are healthy?
Many indications would tell you if you are or aren’t. Some of them are common; some are not. There are things we pay attention to, and others we ignore entirely.
Time and age are not indicators of health. One day you feel great and ill the next. That is why it is essential to take care of your health at all times. You can do this by eating right, exercising often, drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep, to name a few. It is also a great idea to manage stress well.
One of the things we often ignore is chronic stress. Do you feel lonely? Often irritable? Always agitated and depressed? You may be suffering from chronic stress. Manage stress well by letting things beyond your control go, taking care of yourself, staying healthy and being positive. There are different ways to manage it, but we find the things we have mentioned effective. We are sure you can find your own way. When in doubt and if you think you no longer can, professional help can always be sought.
It should not be hard to tell, but due to lack of time or for whatever reasons, we find it hard to determine if we are healthy or not. To help you out, here are the signs that indicate you are healthy enough:
1. Your blood sugar level is under 100.
2. Your waist circumference is not more than half your height. Health and confidence combined? Why not, right?
3. Blood pressure? You keep it at 120/80 or under, which is 115/75 but not lower.
4. You religiously have dental, hearing and eye exam—this is to ensure all is well and they are functioning as they should. Sound body, sound mind!
5. You are happy and feel great!
We do a lot of things to stay healthy, and it is because the body deserves to be taken care of at all times. Happy. Healthy. Always.
Tell us, what do you do to stay healthy?
This article was originally posted by HealthDelight. Reposted with permission.